Here is a little tutorial on how to install SpamAssassin on Windows Server 2008 as system service:
- Download and install the binary version of SpamAssassin (for example http://www.jam-software.com/spamassassin/)
- Download NSSM (http://iain.cx/src/nssm/) and put the nssm.exe within Windows directory.
- This is a wrapper to run spamd as service on Windows.
- Now in a console type “nssm install SpamAssassin”, choose the spamd.exe file from the installation directory of SpamAssassin and put your parameters into the Options field.
- Click on the install button and have a look to the server services. Here you have the SpamAssassin service ready to start.